May 13, 2013 | Author: BeatCancer.Org
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe
- 6 oz. vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1/4 t almond extract
- 3 T hulled hempseeds, ground
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Cut cantaloupe into thin slices
- Remove seeds and rind and discard.
- Cut melon into large chunks.
- Place all ingredients except 2 of the basil leaves into blender and liquefy.
- Pour into serving glasses, chill, and garnish with basil leaf before serving.
Yield: 2 servings
This is one of 127 simple, healthful, delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes from Susan Silberstein’s newest book Hungrier for Health.