- 3 C raw pecans
- 16 Deglet Noor dates, pitted
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- 20 outer leaves Belgian endive
- Wash endive leaves, pat dry and set aside.
- Process remaining ingredients in processor until finely chopped. Stuff each endive leaf with nut mixture.
- Chill and serve — wonderfully filling!
Yield: 20 generous hors d’oeuvre
Hungry for Health is a practical and balanced lesson in healthful eating. In a pleasant and easy-to-understand manner, Silberstein outlines four basic dietary principles for maintaining proper weight as well as preventing disease and recurrence.
For those who aspire to eat well but are confused by conflicting dietary recommendations or overwhelmed by the complexities of food preparation, this recipe book is a godsend. Its guiding principles — healthful, simple, and tasty – make this a delightful, useful handbook for any novice.
Packed with 157 no-guilt recipes covering the culinary gamut from Appetizers & Snacks, Soups & Broths, Salads & Dressings, Entrees & Sides, Sweets & Treats, and Juices & Smoothies, the book also incorporates informative sidebars of Tasty Tips, Helpful Hints, and Nutri-Notes. Most valuable are the pithy, witty and wise quotations about nutrition appearing on nearly every page.