1) Can I get cancer counseling if I am doing chemo and radiation?YES. Most of our patients are receiving conventional treatments ordered by their oncologists.
2) Are cancer counseling sessions expensive? NO. BeatCancer.org is a charitable organization that accepts donations that are tax deduct able.
3) I have a friend (or relative) diagnosed with cancer. Can you help? YES. Encourage the person to check our website…BeatCancer.org…and call 215-942-6438 to reach Dr.Randi Shayne to schedule a phone consult.
4) Will I have to be a vegetarian to get counseling? NO. Diet recommendations are simple, delicious and varied based upon an individual’s likes and dislikes.
5) Do I have to spend a lot of money on vitamins and supplements? NO. BeatCancer.org does not sell or distribute vitamins or supplements.
6) I am suffering from side effects from treatment and medications. Can diet help with that? YES. Healthy food choices can increase energy levels, boost immune function and aid in detoxification.
7) How long will I have to wait for an appointment for a phone consult? Usually a phone consult can be scheduled in a week and sometimes sooner.
8) When is the best time to call to get more information? Call anytime. If someone is not available to answer your call be sure to leave your name and phone number for Dr. Shayne. She checks messages on a daily basis.
9) Do you have a single suggestion to help while I wait for my first counseling session? YES. Hydrate with quality water. Reverse osmosis is the most efficient system (educate yourself at …freedrinkingwater.com). Stop drinking sodas, milk, fruit juices, beer/wine, coffee, caffeinated teas, energy drinks and many sweetened designer waters. These products do not hydrate. Decaffeinated liquids still contain caffeine…only smaller amounts. To calculate the amount to drink…consider half your body weight in ounces. Ex: 150lbs.= 75 ozs. One needs to increase water intake for exercise, getting chem/rad, swallowing meds/supplements and weather conditions (both hot and cold temps. dehydrate).