January 13, 2013 | Author: BeatCancer.Org
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin pennies
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- Â½ small yellow pepper, diced
- 2 t curry powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 C uncooked quinoa
- 1 C water
- Â½ t sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2/3 C cooked chickpeas
- 1 Â½ C light coconut milk
- Â¼ C raisins (optional)
- In a deep stew pot add olive oil and leek and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in all of the other ingredients, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa soaks up all of the liquid.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
This is one of 127 simple, no-guilt, healthful, delicious recipes from Susan Silberstein’s vegan and gluten-free recipe book Hungrier for Health.