April 1, 2013 | Author: BeatCancer.Org
- 5 C vegetable broth
- 2 C peeled cubed sweet potatoes (about one medium potato)
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 C red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t sea salt
- Pinch white pepper
- In a large soup pot, steam-fry the onions over medium heat until soft, adding water by the teaspoon to prevent sticking.
- Add broth, potatoes, lentil, cumin, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 6 servings
This is one of 127 simple, no-guilt, healthful, delicious recipes from Susan Silberstein’s vegan and gluten-free recipe book Hungrier for Health