March 16, 2013 | Author: BeatCancer.Org
- 2 9-inch frozen unbaked all natural whole wheat pie shells
- 29 oz can organic pumpkin
- 4 free-roaming hen eggs, beaten
- 1 C honey
- 3/8 C organic apple juice
- 12-16 pecan halves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp allspice or pumpkin pie spices
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl with eggs, apple juice, honey, vanilla and remaining seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Divide evenly between two pie shells and bake 50 minutes or until filling is set.
- Garnish with pecan halves, spaced evenly and clock-like around pies.
Yield: 2 pies
This is one of 157 simple, no-guilt, healthful, delicious recipes from Susan Silberstein’s popular book Hungry for Health.