January 12, 2013 | Author: BeatCancer.Org
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 8 oz assorted wild mushrooms(oyster, shitake, portobello,or chanterelle), sliced
- 1/2 C cooked wild rice
- 5 C vegetable stock
- 1 T dried chopped basil
- 1 C canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp minced garlic clove
- 1 T dried chopped parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large soup pot, saute leeks in olive oil until soft.
- Add mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, wild rice and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 30 minutes, covered.
- Add parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
Yield: 7-8 servings
This is one of 157 simple, no-guilt, healthful, delicious recipes from Susan Silberstein’s popular book Hungry for Health.