August 10, 2013 | Author: BeatCancer.Org
- 2 C wild rice
- 4 C water
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 16 oz canned mushrooms
- 1 C raw cashews
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- Rinse rice thoroughly in a sieve under running water for 2 minutes.
- Place in large saucepan with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down, add salt and cook, covered, until nearly all water has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 1 hour.
- Process cashews in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add nuts, mushrooms and parsley to rice, toss well and simmer another 3 minutes.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Excerpted from Susan Silberstein’s recipe book, Hungry for Health. Hungry for Health is now 100% gluten-free.