The use of intravenous Vitamin C should be a consideration of every person diagnosed with cancer . To some people who aren’t familiar with high-dose vitamin C this may seem like a bold statement. To the cancer patients who have utilized intravenous vitamin C this may seem like an obvious statement. The purpose of this article is to provide 5 of the best resources and information on high-dose vitamin C for both holistic cancer coaches and people who have received a cancer diagnosis.
On December 9th, 2019 I was administered 25,000 milligrams of Vitamin C at the Colorado Infusion Center. I don’t have cancer and I’m not sick in any way. After researching high-dose vitamin C for the past 6 months I simply wanted to have the experience of receiving a intravenous infusion of Vitamin C. The process of receiving the Vitamin C was simple and relaxing. Once the Infusion was started all I had to do was relax in a comfortable chair while the vitamin C solution slowly dripped into my bloodstream. To receive 25,000 milligrams took about an hour and a half. Sometimes people get chilly or hungry during the process so blankets and healthy snacks are provided. I walked out of the office with a tingling sensation and a sense of well being knowing I had just given my immune system a powerful boost at the beginning of winter.
The successful use and study of high-dose vitamin C goes all the way back to the 1940’s. There are now more than 50,000 studies on vitamin C. Application of vitamin C can be safely used as an adjunct to chemotherapy and radiation or as part of an alternative treatment plan. It’s been shown to reduce the side effects of conventional treatments while simultaneously making these treatments more effective. I hope you’re inspired to dig a little deeper and research the resources below.
- The first informational resource can be found right here on the BeatCancer website. Dr. Susan Silberstein wrote Vitamin C and Cancer – Part One & Vitamin C and Cancer Part Two. These two articles provide an excellent overview on Vitamin C and can be read in 5-10 minutes.
- The University of Iowa Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center was given a $9.7 million dollar grant by the National Cancer Institute to test the use of high-dose, intravenous vitamin C in the treatment of cancer. The research team has now published 3 papers that have all found vitamin C to enhance the therapeutic effects of chemotherapy and radiation while extending lifespans in the process. Despite the fact that high-dose vitamin C has been utilized since the 1940’s this study can be seen as a breakthrough from the perspective that it’s the first time vitamin C as a cancer treatment has been studied at the University level. https://now.uiowa.edu/2017/03/high-dose-vitamin-c-proves-safe-and-well-tolerated-brain-and-lung-cancer-trials
- In 1975 Dr. Hugh Riordan and Olive W. Garvey opened the Riordan Clinic in Wichita, KS. The doctors and staff at this clinic have been successfully using Intravenous Vitamin C to treat a wide range of diseases including cancer for more than 40 years. They’ve collectively published 20 papers on Vitamin C as a treatment for cancer and Dr. Ron Hunninghake, the Chief Medical Office, gives presentations on IVC all over the world. They also hold an annual symposium every October to teach doctors and medical practitioners how to best utilize IVC. They’ve made their “Riordan Protocol” available as a free PDF for anyone to read and use. Their website offers a wealth of information for anyone wanting to learn more about the use of Intravenous Vitamin C. https://riordanclinic.org/what-we-do/high-dose-iv-vitamin-c/
- There have been many books written by doctors who spent their careers researching and utilizing vitamin C in their practice. Updated versions of books written by Dr. Ewan Cameron and Dr. Linus Pauling (2-time Nobel Prize Winner) originally written in the 1970’s offer valuable information that is still highly relevant today. A more recently published book I’d recommend is Primal Panacea written by Dr. Thomas Levy. In this book, Dr. Levy a leading expert on Vitamin C, eloquently explains why vitamin C is so effective for cancer, heart disease, and many other health issues. Dr. Levy has given numerous talks and interviews which can easily be found on the internet. There is also a book written by Dr. Irwin Stone, The Healing Factor, Vitamin C against disease, that can be read for free. http://vitamincfoundation.org/stone/
- The fascinating fifth resource is a 60 minutes episode broadcasted in New Zealand titled “Living Proof”. It’s the story of a farmer, Alan Smith, who had swine flu, hairy cell leukemia, and was in a coma. The doctors wanted to take Smith off life support and let him die but his family insisted they try high-dose intravenous vitamin C first. I’ll let the youtube video tell the remarkable full story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrhkoFcOMII
Intravenous vitamin C has proven to be safe, effective, and relatively inexpensive in treating cancer as well as a wide range of other diseases. You can put vitamin C to the test on a smaller scale at home. The next time you feel a cold or flu coming on try taking vitamin C orally. 1,000 milligram capsules of vitamin C can be purchased in a health food store for around 8 cents per capsule. Typically taking anywhere from a few thousand milligrams up to 10 or 12 thousand milligrams will do the trick. A good rule of thumb is to take enough C to be symptom free. It’s best to spread out intake over the course of a day or two as opposed to taking it all at once.