Canadian London Ontario, Retired Nurse Wows HealingStrong , the #1 cancer network in the US. Her Bracashirts Cancer Education Series delivers one component of her program entitled “Immunology and the Impact of Stress on Our Health and Cancer”. Every Canadian and cancer patient needs to hear this powerful uplifting presentation.
Catherine is an experienced holistic cancer coach and critical care nurse who is dedicated to helping cancer patients navigate their journey through education, individual coaching, and support groups. In her presentation, Catherine will be discussing the impact of stress on health and cancer, including the biomedical, psychosocial, and biochemical aspects of healing.
When we experience stress, our bodies undergo hormone shifts that can affect various systems in the body. For example, the release of cortisol and epinephrine can increase heart rate and activate muscles in order to help us cope with the stressor. However, chronic stress can have negative effects on the body, such as weakening the immune system and increasing the risk of cancer.
Fortunately, there are ways to strengthen the immune system and cope with stress. Good nutrition, exercise, and getting enough sleep can all contribute to a healthier immune system. Additionally, psychological and emotional support can be beneficial in helping the body manage stress.
Cancer patients can benefit from a holistic approach to treatment that addresses the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of the disease. Catherine’s cancer education series covers eight modules on topics related to cancer and stress, providing a comprehensive overview of the various aspects of cancer treatment and support.
If you or someone you know is facing cancer, Catherine is available to provide individual coaching and support to help you heal and stay strong. Her wealth of knowledge and experience, combined with her commitment to helping others, make her an invaluable resource for anyone facing cancer.
- Introduction to Catherine, a holistic cancer coach, critical care nurse, and public speaker with a background in cancer education and support.
- Catherine will be speaking about the impact of stress on health and cancer, including the biomedical, psychosocial, and biochemical aspects of healing.
- Explanation of the autonomic nervous system and the role of the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems in stress response.
- Negative effects of chronic stress on the body, including weakening the immune system and increasing cancer risk.
- Strategies for strengthening the immune system through healthy habits such as good nutrition, exercise, and sleep.
- The importance of psychological and emotional support in coping with stress and improving overall health.
- The benefits of a holistic approach to cancer treatment that addresses the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of the disease.
- Overview of Catherine’s cancer education series, which covers eight modules on topics related to cancer and stress.
- Catherine’s availability for individual coaching and support to cancer patients and commitment to helping people heal and stay strong.