My latest career is helping people heal their cancers. At 82, this is a wonderful blessing for me. In fact, it is the most fulfilling thing I’ve done in my life and I’ve done lots of things. After researching cancer for the last 16 years, writing three books and 190 newsletters on natural cancer healing and recording 210 of my “How to Live Cancer-Free” hour-long radio shows, I feel I’ve learned a lot. However, I’ve learned the most from talking to over 5,000 people on the phone (all over the world in 66 countries) about their cancers. I feel compelled to get one particular message to you.
Two facts have jumped out at me from those many phone calls. They are simply:
- The most common cause of all cancers is root canal-filled teeth and cavitation sites; and
- Until a cancer patient gets rid of the root canal-filled teeth and cavitations, they don’t get well.
You can take those two facts to the bank, folks.
Why is this the first time you’ve heard about this (unless you’ve been reading what I’ve written, heard my radio show or talked to me on the phone)? Well, I’ll tell you. Doctors know nothing about this. I’ve asked each of the 5,000 plus cancer patients I’ve talked to on the phone the same question: “Has your cancer doctor ever talked to you about your dental history?” The answer, every time, is “No.” But even more significant, 99.6% of dentists are ignorant of the two facts above about cancer and root canals…or, they are “in denial” about it, like their dental professional societies, because of the fear of liability. If you knew what I know (and am about to share with you) about root canals and the degenerative conditions they cause, you would be tempted to sue the dentist who did yours, and you’d be perfectly justified. Believe me the American Dental Association (ADA) knows what I’m telling you here. They have a large staff of full-time lawyers whose mission apparently is to keep suppressed the connection between dental work and health.
A small cadre of dentists has courageously schooled themselves in how to detect and treat root canal problems and cavitations. These are not the “mercury-free” or “holistic” dentists you see advertised in the Yellow Pages. In fact, this small group operates “under the radar” because of the persecution their brave compadres have suffered at the hands of the dental societies and State Dental Boards. I know of 40 or so of these wonderfully qualified and brave dentists. Their names have been given to me by cancer survivors who have taken my advice and addressed their root canal and cavitation problems. These ladies and gentlemen are competent to help you. There are about 15 or so others worldwide who are capable of dealing with this problem. This number of 55 or so dentists is out of the 160,000 dentists and 7,400 endodontists (root canal specialists) in the U.S. alone.
Many people postpone getting their jaw evaluated by one of these competent dentists. It is common to procrastinate on dental work. It is costly, usually not covered by insurance, and often painful. This procrastination or ignorance has cost millions of people their lives. If possible, I want to help you avoid that fate. First, let me explain why I feel this is Priority One if you have cancer.
Root Canal Facts
Over 40,000,000 (40 million) teeth are “saved” in the U.S. alone every year by having a “root canal” done on them. This common name for this treatment is really a misnomer. The root canal in a tooth is the portion in the center of the tooth that goes down into the roots (usually two roots – sometimes three or even four). When a “root canal” is done by the dentist, he/she removes the nerve in the center of the tooth and the pulp which surrounds it. This nerve and pulp goes all the way down from under the “crown” of the tooth to the end of the roots in the jaw. This is usually done because the decay has penetrated the center of the tooth and a “normal” filling is impossible because it would press on the nerve. The “root canal” process has a reputation for being quite painful and frequently difficult. When the nerve and pulp of the tooth is removed by this procedure, it is replaced with an inert substance – usually the rubber-like “gutta percha.” The dentist attempts to sterilize the tooth before the gutta percha is inserted in the “root canal.” The object is to cut off the normal circulation of bacteria through the tooth and make it permanently sterile. Unfortunately, this never works. I say “attempts to sterilize the tooth” because it has been proven that this is impossible. The tooth becomes a dead piece of bone in the jaw. The bacteria which were in the millions of tiny “tubules” in the dentin of the tooth (the portion between the enamel and the root canal) mutate into “anaerobic” bacteria. These are bacteria which do not require oxygen. Every root canal-filled tooth has them. No exceptions. They occur because of the structure of the root canal filling. It is impossible to eliminate them and they are 1,000 times more toxic than any other bacteria. In fact, the toxins they put out are in the form of a gas called “thio-ethers” which can easily migrate through the enamel of the tooth and down through the roots into the bloodstream. These toxins travel throughout the body, as do many of the bacteria themselves. These are responsible for most chronic degenerative conditions…not just cancer, but rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, lupus, ALS, diabetes….you name it.
The evidence of what I’ve told you above is overwhelming. Here are some examples.
- Dr. Weston Price, beginning in 1903, led a study by 60 prominent dentists. Their mission was to find a safe way to perform a root canal filling. In 1923, they submitted their 1,174 pages of research to the American Dental Association (ADA). The team’s conclusion: there is no safe way to do a root canal filling. Why, you ask, are 40 million of these done every year in the U.S. 91 years later? And why are they done exactly the same way they were in Dr. Price’s time? Well, it is mind boggling, but I’ll tell you. A key assumption of Dr. Weston Price’s team was something called “focal infection.” This just means that an infection somewhere in your body (your mouth, for example) can affect organs distant from it. This concept is taught in all medical schools now and has been for many years. At the time, however, it was controversial. The conservative heads of the ADA rejected Dr. Price’s team’s conclusions because they did not believe in the “focal infection” concept. You’ll find Dr. Price’s research summarized in a book called “Root Canal Cover-Up” by Dr. George Meinig, D.D.S., F.A.C.D. Dr. Meinig passed away in 2008. He was a prominent endodontist (root canal specialist). After he retired in 1993 from 50 years of practice, he discovered Dr. Price’s 1923 research report. He was horrified when he considered the thousands of people whose health he had ruined in his 50 years of practice by doing root canal fillings. As a “mea culpa,” Dr. Meinig wrote the “Root Canal Cover-Up” book and spent the last 15 years of his life trying to get his message out to people about how deadly root canal-filled teeth are. Here’s what Dr. Hal Huggins (see below) says about Dr. Weston Price’s research: “Dr. Weston Price and Mayo’s Clinic of 1910 to 1920 described finding bacterial growth in root canals that could be transferred into animals and create the same diseases the donor human had in from 80 to 100% of the animals. Heart disease, in particular, could be transferred 100% of the time. His research has since been suppressed by the various Dental Associations in the United States.”
- Dr. Hal Huggins, D.D.S. had his dental license taken away by the ADA in 1993. He had become too vocal and visible on the issue of the deadly nature of mercury amalgam fillings. Dr. Huggins was not particularly concerned. He had already begun his second career of researching dental toxins. He has discovered 82 different types of unique anaerobic bacteria which originate only in the mouth. Autopsies of people who died of “heart disease” have found 30 of these types of bacteria in the hearts of these people. They could have originated only in the mouth. From 1994 through 2000, Dr. Huggins with Dr. Thomas Levy, a cardiologist M.D., attempted to replicate the research done by Dr. Price but with more sophisticated testing techniques. Dr. Levy told me in 2007 when I interviewed him on my web talk radio show that he and Dr. Huggins had studied “over 5,000” recently removed root canal-filled teeth. Every one of them was taken to the lab and tested. Dr. Levy said that every single one had toxins coming out of it “more toxic than botulism.” Dr. Huggins has trained about 200 dentists on the protocol that should be used to “clean up your jaw.” He told me in 2010 that he refers people to only six (6) of them. The others, he feels, do not follow his strict protocol adequately. For those on his list near you, you can call his office in Colorado Springs, Colorado (Mountain Time) at (866) 948-4638. You will find several articles by Dr. Huggins on the subject of root canals and other dental toxins at http://www.terfinfo.com.
- Dr. Josef Issels M.D. was a famous German cancer doctor. For 40 years, from 1947 until his retirement in 1987, Dr. Issels treated thousands of cancer patients. He is credited with being a “world renowned pioneer of integrative cancer treatment.” In 1993, he called Dr. Hal Huggins. In his broken English, Dr. Issels complimented Dr. Huggins for “picking up the torch” and trying to get the message about dental toxins to more people. Dr. Issels said that in his 40 years of treating cancer patients, 97% of them had root canal-filled teeth. Dr. Issels insisted that they get these teeth removed before he began their cancer treatment.
- Dr. Thomas Rau, M.D. is the head of the Paracelsus Cancer Clinic in Switzerland. This clinic has been one of Europe’s most prominent cancer treatment centers since 1957. For some 20 years, they have had, as part of their intake procedure for new patients, review of their jaws by the dental section of the clinic. Any root canal fillings are removed before any cancer treatment is started. In 2004, Dr. Rau became curious about the prevalence of root canal-filled teeth in his clinic’s breast cancer patients. He examined the records of the last 150 women who had been admitted to his clinic for breast cancer treatment. He found that 147 of them (98.5%) had one or more root canal-filled teeth on the same meridian (Chinese meridian system) as the original breast cancer tumor. The other three had cavitation problems (see a separate article on this subject).
Dr. Robert Kulacz, D.D. S. is (was) a prominent dentist in New York. Why do I say “is (was)?” Because in 2002, Dr. Kulacz published, along with Dr. Thomas Levy M.D., a great book called The Roots of Disease: Connecting Dentistry and Medicine It is available on Amazon.com.It is the best book I’ve found on the subject of root canals and other dental toxins. Dr. Kulacz describes in detail the many people whose health he restored by freeing them of their dental toxin problems. The primary theme of the book is stated in the Introduction: “It is our opinion that the evidence clearly shows that many, if not most, significant diseases get their start in the dentist’s chair.” Why the “is (was)?” Well, you can imagine how unpopular Dr. Kulacz became with the conventional dental community after this book was published. He was harassed and threatened to the point that he had to change his name and take his family underground. He abandoned his dental practice and took up another profession. Get the book!
- Dr. Dawn Ewing, N.D. is the Executive Director of the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine (IABDM). For a list of the practitioners who belong to this organization who practice near you, go to their website, http://www.IABDM.org. Dr. Ewing has put together a 30-minute DVD describing with color pictures the most common dental toxin problems – root canal-filled teeth and cavitations.
You can watch this video at http://drdawn.net/learning-center/video/.
She describes the root canal filling with an analogy. She says that if a surgeon took your smashed finger, cleaned out all the flesh and bone in it and stuffed it with straw, it would be a similarly ridiculous procedure to stuffing gutta percha in a dead piece of tooth bone in your jaw. She calls root canal fillings “taxidermy.”
Get smart folks. Don’t ever let anyone you know or yourself be talked into a root canal filling by a dentist. If you have any, please get them removed properly as soon as possible. Bill Henderson, Author and Cancer Coach http://www.Beating-Cancer-Gently.com